One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large diary designed for use in an office.
- ‘And here is a magnificent desk diary in black leather with gilt edging.’
- ‘I did force myself to part with tax records from 1992 to 1994, though I couldn't resist keeping my desk diaries from those years, if only to make things easier for my biographers.’
- ‘It is intended that, when the broadband service is introduced, a centralised computer booking system will be operational but until that time staff at all libraries will maintain a booking record using a desk diary.’
- ‘You need to set up bring forward systems and to use desk diaries which, if used in conjunction with a filing system, provide a foolproof method for storing information, chasing up work and as an aide-mémoire.’
- ‘This beautifully produced desk diary features images from Vertigo's distinguished decade of producing cutting edge comics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.