One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being desirable.‘we agree on the desirability of a negotiated settlement’
appeal, attractiveness, allureadvisability, preferableness, advantage, expedience, benefit, merit, value, profit, profitabilitysexual attractiveness, sexual attraction, attractiveness, beauty, handsomeness, good looksView synonyms
- ‘The desirability of living in the countryside has pushed rural house prices way beyond the reach of many agricultural workers, he says.’
- ‘There is an unequivocal denial of the possibility or the desirability of universal values, ambitions or aspiration.’
- ‘Again, this reduces transport costs and increases the desirability of behaving in a transport efficient manner.’
- ‘Those older, heading irreversibly away from their peak, can feel for some time that they are still in the rough vicinity of desirability.’
- ‘How much are our senses trained socially to respond to specific aspects of human beauty and desirability?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.