One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being desirable.‘we agree on the desirability of a negotiated settlement’
appeal, attractiveness, allureadvisability, preferableness, advantage, expedience, benefit, merit, value, profit, profitabilitysexual attractiveness, sexual attraction, attractiveness, beauty, handsomeness, good looksView synonyms
- ‘There is an unequivocal denial of the possibility or the desirability of universal values, ambitions or aspiration.’
- ‘How much are our senses trained socially to respond to specific aspects of human beauty and desirability?’
- ‘Those older, heading irreversibly away from their peak, can feel for some time that they are still in the rough vicinity of desirability.’
- ‘The desirability of living in the countryside has pushed rural house prices way beyond the reach of many agricultural workers, he says.’
- ‘Again, this reduces transport costs and increases the desirability of behaving in a transport efficient manner.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.