One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is routine administrative traffic full of alphanumeric designators that mean little without a cue sheet, a recitation of mileages, case numbers and criminal histories.’
- ‘Place names had their own two or three-letter designators.’
- ‘They need the night-vision systems and these laser designators for targeting, so we see an increase here, too.’
- ‘Military personnel should use their support group designator and address when indicating their current assignment.’
- ‘To avoid misunderstandings, we always use phonetic designators.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.