One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He was in awesome form, scoring two tries as Leicester rolled over the opposition and he deservingly won the coveted Man of the Match award.’
- ‘That they deservingly gained this great distinction no well-informed individual will for a moment deny.’
- ‘Thus the fly-away-five deservingly held on to the finish: though in fact there was mere seconds between the whole field at the finish.’
- ‘It didn't hurt Stravinsky much, and his sunny piece got a deservingly warm reception.’
- ‘He pointed out that many a politician is being called ‘the Honourable this and that’ when he would more deservingly be called ‘Dishonourable’!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.