One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have done something considered especially praiseworthy or heroic.‘as a psychiatric nurse he deserves a medal, anyway’
- ‘The one we have now really is a pillar of the community and he deserves a medal for his years of hard work.’
- ‘This lady, who in my opinion deserves a medal, her family, and the decent law-abiding people of this country, have been seriously let down by the legal system and by the police.’
- ‘I think he deserves a medal or a plaque or at least a holiday.’
- ‘The firefighters were amazing, and the gas man deserves a medal.’
- ‘‘I was so impressed with the organisation of the car park and the buses. Whoever organised it deserves a medal as do all the staff who were so positive and helpful,’ he said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.