One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Australian casuarina tree, which typically grows in arid regions.
"Casuarina decaisneana", family "Casuarinaceae"
- ‘Wood such as mulga, ironwood, redgum and desert oak is used.’
- ‘The impression is of flying above the prototype of all dot paintings - a canvas of red sand ridges and ochre salt pans patterned with the green crowns of desert oaks and the spirit trails of gullies.’
- ‘They now include a U-shaped area with a dozen covered pits, a well-stocked canteen and washrooms in the middle, and surrounded by great camping spots in a picturesque stand of desert oaks.’
- ‘For example, in the Finke bio-region it can be found growing under desert oaks.’
- ‘It also promotes an appreciation of the spinifex and desert oak landscape that surrounds Uluru.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.