One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of desecrating something.‘the desecration of a grave’‘the desecration of swathes of Scotland's landscape’
violation, profanation, sacrilegeView synonyms
- ‘Human productivity and excellence, if achieved by way of human desecration and abuse, can only result in eventual catastrophe.’
- ‘Flowers laid by relatives at the plot were scattered around the memorial during Sunday night's desecration of the graves.’
- ‘He also wanted it to be saved from from destruction or desecration in future wars.’
- ‘This would be desecration of the highest order.’
- ‘This is an act of desecration and vandalism and it is very disappointing from our point of view and upsetting for visitors that this property has been stolen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.