One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The teachers read them and would award extra marks for descriptiveness, inventiveness and illustration.’
- ‘‘I remember everything about growing up,’ she says, and it shows in her novel's lush descriptiveness.’
- ‘The secondary classification softens the hierarchy and increases descriptiveness by allowing another relevant condition to be coded.’
- ‘Papers didn't always live up to the grand claims of the opening plenary and the odd presentation lapsed into the kind of mundane and myopic descriptiveness that has given close analysis such a bad run in the recent past.’
- ‘Partly due to its descriptiveness, to its piecing together of unconnected pictorial threads, the poetry becomes suspended outside time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.