Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Convert or restore (a signal) to intelligible form.‘a hacking system that can descramble everything’
- ‘They are merely PC Card form-factor devices that descramble premium cable content, precluding the need for set-top boxes, and plug into DCR TVs, set-top devices, and digital recorders.’
- ‘The programmer claims it can ‘descramble in excess of 21.5MBps ’.’
- ‘The U.S. Supreme Court has bowed out of a long-running dispute over a DVD descrambling utility, dealing a preliminary defeat to Hollywood studios and electronics makers…’
- ‘The basis of conditional access technology rests on scrambling and descrambling the pictures on your screen.’
- ‘When you received a message scrambled with your public key, you entered your private key into PGP and it descrambled the email or file.’
- ‘A professor wants to study junk DNA sequences to see if they may be descrambled to contain communications from extraterrestrial intelligences.’
- ‘A US jury this week convicted a man for selling illegal cable TV descrambling hardware.’
- ‘He was alleged to have broken the law by writing and publishing a DVD descrambling program so that he could watch films he owned on a Linux PC.’
- ‘The operator would place descrambling information in the POD and give it to subscribers who buy set-tops.’
- ‘However, you must shut down the digital TV application and start up a separate one for cable (and no, you can't get HD that way, because the device can't descramble the transmission).’
- ‘Without that encoded signal, the box will not obey commands to descramble programming.’
- ‘The license gives set-top makers and vendors access to a signal-scrambling and descrambling system.’
- ‘This is a device that is also descrambling pay-per-view or premium channels.’
- ‘In 2002, the Court of Appeals upheld a lower court ruling that barred a hacker magazine from posting or linking to a DVD descrambling program.’
- ‘In addition, the machine is not capable of descrambling programming while supporting electronic program guides.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.