Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The part of the large intestine which passes downwards on the left side of the abdomen towards the rectum.
- ‘On palpation of the abdomen I found the descending colon very tender, as well as the epigastric region.’
- ‘Tumors in the descending colon comprise 5% of primary colorectal cancers.’
- ‘The inferior artery also gave rise to two branches: one to the inferior portion of the descending colon and the other to the sigmoid colon and rectum.’
- ‘The colon is divided into four parts: the ascending colon, the transverse colon, the descending colon, and the sigmoid colon.’
- ‘The descending colon is structurally similar to the transverse colon.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.