Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of property) eligible to be inherited by a descendant.‘an estate descendible only in the male line’
- ‘In most states with publicity rights, the rights survive death and are transferable and descendible.’
- ‘This means that in these states the celebrities do have property rights to their image, and that these rights are usually descendible.’
- ‘Twelve statutory jurisdictions that have addressed this issue treat the right of publicity as descendible.’
- ‘A person's fame or ‘publicity right’ is deemed to be fully alienable and descendible.’
- ‘His authority during the time it lasted, would be the same whether it were for one year or twenty, or for life, or descendible to his eldest son.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.