One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Latin America) a very poor person.
- ‘Her mammoth wage increases for her beloved descamisados resulted in overwhelming political support for her husband.’
- ‘She was a crucial component of that political structure and irreplaceable - as the leader soon realized when his economic policies began to strain his relationship with the descamisados.’
- ‘At her last speech, on May Day, her husband had to hold her up as she spoke to the descamisados.’
- ‘But his deals with the United States had tarnished his reputation, and the descamisados were no longer the enthusiastic supporters of yore.’
- ‘Upwards of 200,000 descamisados entered the capital city and demanded that Perón be their Leader.’
Spanish, literally ‘shirtless’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.