Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Remove deposits of scale from:‘if you have problems with your heating system, you need to descale it thoroughly’
- ‘After they are descaled, these hot bands are cold rolled to the required thickness and coils off the cold mill are either annealed and descaled or bright annealed.’
- ‘Follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning, disinfecting and descaling.’
- ‘Wash bins, descale taps and plugholes, etc, as required.’
- ‘Tubes supplied with an anodized surface must be descaled at the ends before welding.’
- ‘Removal of this hardened metal layer is essential for optimum mechanical properties, and an integral part of any descaling process.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.