One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The mechanisms of persistent sleepiness in treated sleep apnea are presently not known, but severity of oxyhemoglobin desaturations best predicts sleepiness in persons with obstructive sleep apnea.’
- ‘Without knowing polysomnography results, a single technician computed the oximetry desaturation index from 379 studies as the number of desaturations at or exceeding 3% magnitude divided by test duration in hours.’
- ‘In plants and cyanobacteria, these steps are catalysed by two enzymes, phytoene desaturase and carotene desaturase, each mediating two symmetrically positioned desaturations.’
- ‘In both systems, a reduction in oxygen was recorded for oxygen desaturations of at least 4%, independent of the simultaneous occurrence of an apnea or hypopnea episode.’
- ‘This 3-min recording from an overnight polysomnogram shows repetitive obstructive sleep hypopneas causing arousals and oxygen desaturations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.