Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- US term for desalinate
- ‘Does anyone know how I could buy desalinized water?’
- ‘I'm more than happy we'll be drinking desalinized water rather than recycled water from the treatment plant.’
- ‘But in reality if you add those costs, I believe the cost of water that you are drinking is higher than the desalinized water.’
- ‘The island's location, in the doldrums of the Caribbean, forces it to rely on desalinized ocean water, which is very expensive.’
- ‘In southwestern Florida, the water district is reportedly spending more than a billion U.S. dollars to come up with ways to meet the growing demand, including desalinizing ocean water.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.