One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of removing salt from seawater.‘the newly constructed plant for the desalination of seawater remains inoperative’as modifier ‘the water supply comes from desalination plants’
- ‘Desalination is for many hopefuls at least one technological solution to the impending crisis.’
- ‘What about the waste by-product from the desalination process, the saltwater concentrate that's left over?’
- ‘Skeptics, however, say nuclear-powered desalination is just a pipe dream.’
- ‘The island features a 1,500 foot airstrip, underground wiring and a desalination facility.’
- ‘Improvements in utility services, road networks, sewage treatment, and water desalination have resulted in a better quality of life.’
- ‘He believes desalination is part of the answer to Australia's water shortage.’
- ‘He said the desalination project was the only way for long-term water supply for Namibia's west coast.’
- ‘Australia makes very limited use of the process of water desalination.’
- ‘If desalination technology can be embraced and developed, arid regions can be liberated from worries about water provision.’
- ‘Reverse osmosis is best known for its use in desalination, the process of turning sea water into drinking water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.