One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of removing salt from seawater.‘the newly constructed plant for the desalination of seawater remains inoperative’as modifier ‘the water supply comes from desalination plants’
- ‘What about the waste by-product from the desalination process, the saltwater concentrate that's left over?’
- ‘Desalination is for many hopefuls at least one technological solution to the impending crisis.’
- ‘He said the desalination project was the only way for long-term water supply for Namibia's west coast.’
- ‘Skeptics, however, say nuclear-powered desalination is just a pipe dream.’
- ‘If desalination technology can be embraced and developed, arid regions can be liberated from worries about water provision.’
- ‘He believes desalination is part of the answer to Australia's water shortage.’
- ‘Improvements in utility services, road networks, sewage treatment, and water desalination have resulted in a better quality of life.’
- ‘Reverse osmosis is best known for its use in desalination, the process of turning sea water into drinking water.’
- ‘Australia makes very limited use of the process of water desalination.’
- ‘The island features a 1,500 foot airstrip, underground wiring and a desalination facility.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.