One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The historical desacralization of formerly powerful religious imagery also is suggested by the motif of the nursing woman who sits beneath the epitaph.’
- ‘The desacralization resulting from exaggerated secularization has resulted in a value vacuum which is being filled by a utilitarian ethic.’
- ‘In the former section, ‘secularization’ would refer to the de-objectification of social facts and the normative values associated with them as a result of the desacralization of worldviews.’
- ‘The churches, particularly the bishops of the Catholic Church, were complicit in the desacralization of Sunday as a holy day when they introduced late Saturday afternoon liturgies, called Vigil Masses.’
- ‘An awareness that long before 1789 French people were insulting their king has tempted some historians to write of the desacralization of the monarchy under Louis XV.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.