One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Further, as many group occasions were bachelor parties, men in groups often spoke derogatorily about marriage and relationships.’
- ‘Many of the incomers (or ‘white settlers’, as they are sometimes derogatorily known) are seeking a better quality of life away from the big cities.’
- ‘Roma, derogatorily known as gypsies, have lived in Eastern Europe since about 1300.’
- ‘This is why serious astrologers shrink away from what is somewhat derogatorily referred to as ‘sun-sign astrology‘.’
- ‘The years that followed have loosely been described - usually derogatorily - as an ‘arms race.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.