Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A disease of the skin, especially one that does not cause inflammation.
- ‘Scabies is an intensely itchy dermatosis caused by the mite Sarcoptes scabiei.’
- ‘This rare dermatosis occurs in the second and third trimester of pregnancy.’
- ‘Ashy dermatosis, also known as erythema dyschromicum perstans, is a rare idiopathic dermatosis characterized by ash-gray skin lesions.’
- ‘Rosacea is a chronic inflammatory facial dermatosis of unknown aetiology characterised by erythema and pustules.’
- ‘Zinc-responsive dermatosis is an uncommon disease of dogs resulting from either an absolute or relative deficiency in zinc.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.