Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for dermatomycosis
- ‘Tinea corporis refers to a dermatophytosis or superficial fungal infection of the skin, other than on the hands, feet, scalp, face or groin.’
- ‘Dermatophytes responsible for causing dermatophytoses in humans have acquired resistance to certain antimycotic drugs.’
- ‘Skin fungal diseases are called dermatophytoses from phyton, a plant.’
- ‘Skin scrapings can identify scabies and dermatophytoses.’
- ‘The differential diagnosis of erythrasma includes psoriasis, dermatophytosis, candidiasis, and intertrigo.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.