One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pathogenic fungus that grows on skin, mucous membranes, hair, nails, feathers, and other body surfaces, causing ringworm and related diseases.
Trichophyton and other genera, subdivision Deuteromycotina
- ‘In some studies, up to 30 percent of patients with interdigital erythrasma have been found to have a coexisting dermatophyte or Candida albicans infection, usually noted in the third and fourth interspaces.’
- ‘Like itraconazole, fluconazole is active against common dermatophytes, Candida species and some nondermatophytic molds.’
- ‘They are caused by fungi called dermatophytes that live on skin, hair, and nails and thrive in warm, moist areas.’
- ‘This broad-spectrum agent is effective against dermatophytes, yeasts, and some bacteria.’
- ‘Diagnostic tests may include skin scrapings, hair combings, a dermatophyte culture, blood work, and skin biopsies.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.