Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of the skin and underlying muscle tissue, involving degeneration of collagen, discoloration, and swelling, typically occurring as an autoimmune condition or associated with internal cancer.
- ‘Strong internal medical treatments that are necessary to control the autoimmune features of dermatomyositis.’
- ‘Rheumatic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, dermatomyositis, and scleroderma are thought to be autoimmune diseases.’
- ‘In addition to inflammatory infiltration and destruction of muscle, patients with dermatomyositis or polymyositis may have involvement of other organ systems.’
- ‘In some patients with classical dermatomyositis, skin disease activity returns without the return of muscle weakness.’
- ‘Topical corticosteroids decrease the itching by decreasing the inflammation in the skin caused by dermatomyositis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.