One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the skin and underlying muscle tissue, involving degeneration of collagen, discoloration, and swelling, typically occurring as an autoimmune condition or associated with internal cancer.
- ‘Rheumatic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, dermatomyositis, and scleroderma are thought to be autoimmune diseases.’
- ‘In addition to inflammatory infiltration and destruction of muscle, patients with dermatomyositis or polymyositis may have involvement of other organ systems.’
- ‘Strong internal medical treatments that are necessary to control the autoimmune features of dermatomyositis.’
- ‘In some patients with classical dermatomyositis, skin disease activity returns without the return of muscle weakness.’
- ‘Topical corticosteroids decrease the itching by decreasing the inflammation in the skin caused by dermatomyositis.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.