One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural dermatomycosesmass noun
A fungal infection of the skin, especially by a dermatophyte.
- ‘It is effective against both dermatophytosis and dermatomycosis infections.’
- ‘The regulatory dossier contains data on around 3,000 patients who have been treated for dermatomycoses in Phase II and Phase III clinical trials in Japan and Europe.’
- ‘With some pertinent exceptions, dermatomycosis is typically confined to the superficial keratinized tissue and, thus, can often be treated with topical antifungal medications.’
- ‘The efficacy of unspecific and specific immune responses decides on the development of dermatomycoses in domestic animals.’
- ‘All clinical specimens from cats and dogs with skin disease, suggesting dermatomycoses were included.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.