Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of skin disorders.
- ‘Likewise, telemedicine might be cost effective for some disciplines such as dermatology and radiology but not for others.’
- ‘Laser therapy in dermatology is expanding rapidly and can be used to treat vascular and pigmented lesions, to remove tattoos, for depilation, and for skin resurfacing.’
- ‘Projects spanned a range of specialties - dermatology, psychiatry, respiratory medicine, cardiology, and oncology.’
- ‘This test is usually carried out in dermatology departments in hospital.’
- ‘The department of internal medicine and dermatology has 170 beds in six general wards and a medical intensive care unit with 10 beds.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.