Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of skin disorders.
- ‘This test is usually carried out in dermatology departments in hospital.’
- ‘Likewise, telemedicine might be cost effective for some disciplines such as dermatology and radiology but not for others.’
- ‘Projects spanned a range of specialties - dermatology, psychiatry, respiratory medicine, cardiology, and oncology.’
- ‘Laser therapy in dermatology is expanding rapidly and can be used to treat vascular and pigmented lesions, to remove tattoos, for depilation, and for skin resurfacing.’
- ‘The department of internal medicine and dermatology has 170 beds in six general wards and a medical intensive care unit with 10 beds.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.