Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fossil redeposited in a sediment which is younger than the one in which it first occurred.
- ‘Most lipid biomarkers do not provide information on whether water column derived fossil species are truly ancient or still physiologically active.’
- ‘No débris of Lower Cretaceous rock or derived fossils were found in the contact strata of the Woodbine.’
- ‘Such derived fossils, surviving erosion of the parent rock to become incorporated into a later one are said to be reworked or remanie.’
- ‘Previous reports have described a concretion derived fossil assemblage rich in brine shrimp, chironomid midge pupa, and dytiscid beetle larvae.’
- ‘Fossils that have been moved in this was are called derived fossils.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.