One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These rates are derivable from the original study reports.’
- ‘From such basic measurements, and by extrapolation to mixtures of different ingredients, the ‘calorie count’ can be applied as a measure of the energy derivable from a food source.’
- ‘But besides these pleasures there is that love of beauty and delight in it derivable from assuming graceful attitudes and performing graceful movements and also in seeing such in others.’
- ‘Behavior modification refers only to that body of procedures and conceptual systems derivable from experimental psychology or experimental learning theory.’
- ‘The advance in the book is not noticeable until close to the end, but it's derivable from the title.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.