One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These rates are derivable from the original study reports.’
- ‘The advance in the book is not noticeable until close to the end, but it's derivable from the title.’
- ‘Behavior modification refers only to that body of procedures and conceptual systems derivable from experimental psychology or experimental learning theory.’
- ‘But besides these pleasures there is that love of beauty and delight in it derivable from assuming graceful attitudes and performing graceful movements and also in seeing such in others.’
- ‘From such basic measurements, and by extrapolation to mixtures of different ingredients, the ‘calorie count’ can be applied as a measure of the energy derivable from a food source.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.