One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His derisiveness was staggering, but she couldn't help but to feel sorry for him.’
- ‘He chuckled softly, the hint of derisiveness in his laughter caught by all but the woman for whom it was intended.’
- ‘‘Very helpful,’ she said, with a tint of derisiveness, and opened the door.’
- ‘In this context, accusation of metrical deformity by way of human infirmity accrues an unusually multi-valent derisiveness.’
- ‘People who are pining for easy, one-syllable answers find this kind of uninformed derisiveness compelling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.