One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The removal of regulations or restrictions, especially in a particular industry.‘he fought for deregulation of the telecom industry’‘banks were allowed to grant mortgages following financial deregulation’
- ‘In France, broadcast deregulation was implemented by the socialist Mitterrand government.’
- ‘In effect, as deregulation has concentrated media ownership, its power has grown unchecked.’
- ‘Flaws in California's deregulation plan have aggravated its electricity woes.’
- ‘A major reason is that after deregulation, the airline industry began to change dramatically.’
- ‘Another delicate issue concerns the deregulation of foreign banking in Asian financial markets.’
- ‘The essential issue here is the extent to which a desirable condition for privatization is economic deregulation.’
- ‘Further deregulation took place in 1988 through secondary legislation.’
- ‘Pay, working hours and conditions in the bus industry have become notorious since privatisation and deregulation.’
- ‘Edison played a major role in crafting the 1996 deregulation law.’
- ‘A major deregulation programme was initiated in 1993 to encourage private investment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.