One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verbdequeued, dequeueing, dequeuing, dequeues[with object]Computing
Remove (an item of data awaiting processing) from a queue of such items.
- ‘Both enqueuing and dequeuing of packets is accomplished using decision making apparatus and congestion avoidance and dequeue management hardware.’
- ‘Note that dequeueing a message with any of the dequeue methods will not preserve the message grouping property.’
- ‘Each class must have a queuing discipline to determine how packets are enqueued and dequeued.’
- ‘You can use the Dequeue function to remove a queue element directly from an operating-system queue or from a queue that you have created.’
- ‘Basically, its operation is pretty simple: it just dequeues the first packet from the current CPU's queue and runs through the two lists of packet handlers, calling the relevant processing functions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.