Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Remove (an item of data awaiting processing) from a queue of such items.
- ‘Basically, its operation is pretty simple: it just dequeues the first packet from the current CPU's queue and runs through the two lists of packet handlers, calling the relevant processing functions.’
- ‘Both enqueuing and dequeuing of packets is accomplished using decision making apparatus and congestion avoidance and dequeue management hardware.’
- ‘Note that dequeueing a message with any of the dequeue methods will not preserve the message grouping property.’
- ‘Each class must have a queuing discipline to determine how packets are enqueued and dequeued.’
- ‘You can use the Dequeue function to remove a queue element directly from an operating-system queue or from a queue that you have created.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.