One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for echo sounder
- ‘However, I noticed a slight problem - the depth sounder registered 5m but I couldn't see the bottom.’
- ‘Our depth sounder, which had read a steady 15 feet the day before, was now vacillating between 10 feet in the troughs and 20 on the crests of the waves.’
- ‘Learn what makes your boat safe, like the bilge blower and the depth sounder.’
- ‘The depth sounder tells him how deep his traps are, and the deepest ones we we'll hit today are in about 40 fathoms, or 240 feet, of water.’
- ‘Less than 25 yards from shore, the depth sounder reads a double-take inducing 300 feet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.