One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for echo sounder
- ‘However, I noticed a slight problem - the depth sounder registered 5m but I couldn't see the bottom.’
- ‘The depth sounder tells him how deep his traps are, and the deepest ones we we'll hit today are in about 40 fathoms, or 240 feet, of water.’
- ‘Learn what makes your boat safe, like the bilge blower and the depth sounder.’
- ‘Less than 25 yards from shore, the depth sounder reads a double-take inducing 300 feet.’
- ‘Our depth sounder, which had read a steady 15 feet the day before, was now vacillating between 10 feet in the troughs and 20 on the crests of the waves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.