One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1another term for depth of field
- ‘Optical microscopy does not have sufficient resolution or depth of focus for studying cell separation and breakage.’
- ‘However, a practical depth of focus would be ~ 10 m, since the images slightly out of focus were also processed.’
- ‘If you're going to refuse any shot under, say, 300 yards, then the shallow depth of focus on a 24x or even a 36x scope is no big deal.’
- ‘They are necessary for locating objects rapidly in the fovea or for changing the depth of focus of the eye from one object to another within the visual field.’
2The distance between the two extreme axial points behind a lens at which an image is judged to be in focus.
- ‘The yield-related depth of focus of the immersion scanner is almost twice that of the dry scanner.’
- ‘They also have infinite depth of focus and can see through certain materials.’
- ‘The depth of focus and high-resolution magnification yield data about technology and composition.’
- ‘Because the depth of focus in these experiments was ~ 2 [mu] m, particles from several different planes are captured in the images.’
- ‘In addition, it is difficult to change between laser lines rapidly, and it is difficult to retain the exact depth of focus of the different excitation wavelengths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.