One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove the protein from (a substance), usually as a stage in chemical purification.
- ‘For the ELD experiments, calf thymus DNA was deproteinized with sodium dodecyl sulfate.’
- ‘DNA (proteinase K-extracted, stored frozen) was RNase treated and then deproteinized by a standard phenol-chloroform extraction.’
- ‘For the determination of glutathione, the sample obtained as described for enzyme assays was deproteinized immediately using 30% HClO 4.’
- ‘One ml serum separated by centrifugation, was deproteinised by the addition of 100 l perchlorate.’
- ‘Serum samples were deproteinized with 10 per cent perchloric acid, vortexed for 60 sec for mixing and centrifugation was done at 4000 rpm for 10 min.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.