Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Remove the protein from (a substance), usually as a stage in chemical purification.
- ‘For the determination of glutathione, the sample obtained as described for enzyme assays was deproteinized immediately using 30% HClO 4.’
- ‘DNA (proteinase K-extracted, stored frozen) was RNase treated and then deproteinized by a standard phenol-chloroform extraction.’
- ‘For the ELD experiments, calf thymus DNA was deproteinized with sodium dodecyl sulfate.’
- ‘Serum samples were deproteinized with 10 per cent perchloric acid, vortexed for 60 sec for mixing and centrifugation was done at 4000 rpm for 10 min.’
- ‘One ml serum separated by centrifugation, was deproteinised by the addition of 100 l perchlorate.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.