One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It has as its mortal enemies the deprecative and the depressing.’
- ‘He is the rarest kind of supersalesman: an uncomplicated man who is genuinely deprecative of himself and sold on his product.’
- ‘These traditions, unspoken though they are, generate a competitive tension which leads to the use of deprecative gossip and other acts meant to sabotage a comrade competitor's status.’
- ‘He has a proposition for James, which he puts to him in deprecative terms typical of their mutual origins.’
- ‘The common academic view of popular music is at best deprecative.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.