One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So what do we get this year, without the slightest hint of deprecation?’
- ‘His tone is tauntingly acidic, his expression world-weary but capable of mischievous reigniting; his hands keep taking off on a little dance of impatience and deprecation.’
- ‘He lost the ticket too, so he returned from his beat with a face like thunder snarling dire deprecations at the scavenger hunters.’
- ‘Their efforts deserve praise rather than deprecation.’
- ‘This sort of deprecation needs to stop if we ever want to feel proud of who we are.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.