One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of deporting a foreigner from a country.‘asylum seekers facing deportation’as modifier ‘a deportation order’count noun ‘mass deportations took place over many months’
expulsion, expelling, banishment, banishing, exile, exiling, transportation, transporting, extradition, extraditing, expatriation, expatriating, repatriation, repatriating, refoulementView synonyms
- ‘The deportation of thousands of failed asylum-seekers will also be made a top priority.’
- ‘There has been a significant rise in the number of deportations carried out so far this year compared with last year, according to new statistics.’
- ‘The mass deportations have provoked tension between both countries.’
- ‘Can you hold them in custody for purposes of expulsion or deportation, even if they are children?’
- ‘Denaturalisation, deportation and extradition are the only avenues justice can allow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.