One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove harmful or poisonous substances from.‘every scrapped vehicle must be drained of oil and petrol to depollute it’
- ‘New synthetic nanoparticle could disinfect, depollute, and desalinate contaminated water and then get removed magnetically.’
- ‘"Having received the planning permission to construct a metal scrapyard, this enables us to develop authorised treatment facilities for end of life vehicles to depollute in accordance with EU Directive 2000/53/EC."’
- ‘The car is then "depolluted," with its oil and brake fluid removed and stored for disposal.’
- ‘The solar power mission is only a part of the larger mission to depollute the Ganga.’
- ‘This classifies vehicles at the end of their lives as hazardous waste which have to be depolluted at specially approved centres.’
- ‘We are an authorised treatment facilities which allows us to depollute cars in accordance with the European ELV Directive.’
- ‘It's hard to see how a passive wall coating, where the zeolite is mixed wth all the other constituents of a paint, can effectively depollute a whole room on a long-term basis.’
- ‘We purchase accidented vehicles, depollute them and prepare the remaining parts for sale.’
- ‘Car owners should be issued with a Certificate of Destruction to prove that the vehicle has been depolluted, scrapped lawfully and road tax is no longer due.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.