One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reduce or remove the polarization of.‘the threshold necessary to depolarize the membrane’
- ‘The ability of the plasma membrane to depolarize remains functional in the rho cells as evidenced by the release of insulin with the depolarizing agent KCl.’
- ‘Light passing through such a liquid crystal can be polarized and depolarized by changing the field and has led to the liquid crystal displays we see in watches, microwaves, and laptop computers today.’
- ‘The positive charge that they carry produces a further membrane depolarization, which activates additional sodium channels, so depolarizing the membrane even further.’
- ‘The flow of cations through the receptors rapidly depolarizes the postsynaptic membrane, and the signal is propagated along the electrically excitable membrane toward the next nerve cell.’
- ‘Why a small proportion of resistant cells (or untreated sensitive cells) should have depolarized membranes is not known.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.