One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I know someone - a gifted artist - who chose to give up her analysis rather than tell her analyst that she found his taste in paintings deplorably vulgar.’
- ‘It also held that serious negligence that fell deplorably short of the standard patients are entitled to expect from their doctors could constitute serious professional misconduct.’
- ‘As a regular car user on Station Road the lights on the present zebra crossing are deplorably faint.’
- ‘Writers working in languages other than English get deplorably little attention in Britain, so you can bet that the most underrated authors are ‘foreigners’ you've never read.’
- ‘The long delays for an ambulance service, to come to an accident, or to convey a sick person in these areas is deplorably slow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.