One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reduction in the number or quantity of something.‘the depletion of the ozone layer’
exhaustion, using up, use, consumption, expending, expenditureView synonyms
- ‘To get back to what I said earlier about the depletion of the national sheep flock, I have one or two more instances to highlight.’
- ‘The ship's refrigeration and air conditioning plants are designed to achieve no ozone depletion.’
- ‘Some crops such as corn are very heavy feeders so moving it from place to place prevents rapid depletion of the soil.’
- ‘Responding to major depletions of marine fish populations and other wildlife killed in the process of fishing, marine conservation groups became a force in national and international environmental policy.’
- ‘The depletion of mangroves has also affected the fish wealth of the State.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.