Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Uranium from which most of the fissile isotope uranium-235 has been removed.
- ‘Weapons coated with depleted uranium leave a radioactive toxic dust behind.’
- ‘Radioactive depleted uranium has a half-life of 4500 million years.’
- ‘These numbers are compounded by the use of depleted uranium during the war, made out of nuclear waste and used in bombs and bullets.’
- ‘The problem with depleted uranium is the fact that it is radioactive.’
- ‘It also seems that they are having trouble differentiating between depleted uranium and enriched uranium.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.