One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument that removes unwanted body hair, typically by plucking it from the root.
- ‘Shaving and cream depilators are largely painless, but they are superficial, requiring repetitive life-long treatments every few days.’
- ‘It's very difficult to control the temperature of depilators, which require preliminary heating.’
- ‘Existing hair can be addressed by non-medical or cosmetic methods such as shaving, depilators, bleaching, plucking, waxing, electrolysis and laser hair removal - the last two being the most effective techniques.’
- ‘Stimulating demand in such a market were our ladies’ beauty-care products, such as depilators and electric steam hair stylers.’
- ‘Options of cosmetic treatment of unwanted facial hair include: shaving, depilators, bleaching, electrolysis, and lasers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.