One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[WITH OBJECT]usually as adjective depigmented
Reduce or remove the pigmentation of (the skin).
- ‘Of note, an oval depigmented area about 2 cm in greatest diameter with irregular borders was present on the skin over the infant's left lateral trunk.’
- ‘Patches of depigmented skin, now referred to as vitiligo, were cosmetically undesirable.’
- ‘Neurologic examination indicated that all of the depigmented areas were hypersensitive to cold, heat, pinprick, and touch, and for some of these areas, low-temperature stimuli were mistakenly identified as ‘hot’ and ‘burning’.’
- ‘The depigmented, white strands of old age tended to give his hair a somewhat bleached and unnatural shading.’
- ‘The creams often contain dangerously high amounts of hydroquinone, a depigmenting chemical that can be harmful or fatal in large doses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.