One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of depicting something, especially in a work of art.‘the painting's horrific depiction of war’count noun ‘Michelangelo's depictions of the male nude’
picture, painting, portrait, drawing, sketch, artist's impression, study, illustration, portrayal, representation, image, likenessportrayal, representation, presentation, description, delineation, characterizationView synonyms
- ‘The prime concern of landscape painting is the depiction of natural scenery.’
- ‘But uniformity is lacking even between animal depictions within the same painting group.’
- ‘Artschwager has also continued to produce paintings, typically monochromatic depictions of buildings.’
- ‘If one went by media depictions, he lamented, one would think his neighbourhood is a crime-ridden slum.’
- ‘There is, of course, more to these depictions of New York streets than a simple realism of setting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.