One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
According to.‘makes 8–10 burgers (depending on size)’
- ‘We have a few options for times, depending on how we're getting there, and how late people want to stay up.’
- ‘Sometime around 2030 or so, depending on whose calculations you trust, things start to become very serious.’
- ‘But with the right turn restrictions programme, the congestion could, depending on how it is implemented, be eased up thereby leading to an improved traffic flow.’
- ‘However, the Prison Service said, depending on how psychiatric illness is defined, the estimate of sufferers is closer to 10%.’
- ‘The Grading system awards beauty salons with 3, 4 or 5 stars, depending on how high standards and facilities are within the clinic.’
- ‘In addition, different analysts have drawn quite different conclusions from the same body of data about trends in poverty, depending on how the poverty line is estimated.’
- ‘I usually add a dash of my favorite hot sauce but depending on how spicy your chili powder is and how spicy you want it, you can skip this.’
- ‘People were asked to fill out the form with their name and address and specify the amount donated - €10 or multiples depending on how many bricks one wanted to buy.’
- ‘Tickets are $19.95 - $44.95 depending on how much food you'll need.’
- ‘Dr Killen enjoys the variety of her work, but not the workload, which ranges from 50 to 80 hours a week, depending on how often she's called to the hospital after hours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.