One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Boston, dependably conservative in many of its instincts, decreed that buildings must rise no higher than 125 feet.’
- ‘Her voice wasn't always conventionally beautiful, at least in later years, but it was consistently communicative, and dependably charming and womanly.’
- ‘In times of plenty, this requirement might pose little problem, but life in the Arctic is not always dependably bountiful.’
- ‘With a dependably toasty sleeping bag and two or three weeks, intermediate skiers (with previous mountaineering experience and a guide) have a good shot at the summit.’
- ‘Solar power bases will be built on the Moon that collect a small fraction of the Moon's dependable solar power and convert it into power beams that will dependably deliver lunar solar power to receivers on Earth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.