One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Most commercial steels contain about 0.5% manganese to serve as a deoxidizer and to tie up sulfur as manganese sulfide, thereby preventing the occurrence of hot-cracking.’
- ‘Aluminum is widely used as a deoxidizer and was the first element used to control austenite grain growth during reheating.’
- ‘In tin bronze, phosphorus has traditionally been the deoxidizer, hence the name ‘phosphor bronzes’ for these alloys.’
- ‘In steels of this type, silicon is added as the deoxidizer followed by the addition of aluminum for grain size control.’
- ‘In a vacuum furnace, carbon is an excellent deoxidizer, and the deoxidation product, carbon monoxide gas, is continuously removed under vacuum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.