One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For deoxidation of carbon and low-alloy steels, aluminum, titanium, and zirconium are used.’
- ‘These steels are not deliberately strengthened by alloying elements other than carbon; they contain some manganese for sulfur stabilization and silicon for deoxidation.’
- ‘Carbon steel can be classified, according to various deoxidation practices, as rimmed, capped, semi-killed, or killed steel.’
- ‘In some foundries in which combustion cannot be properly controlled, oxidizing fluxes are added during melting, followed by final deoxidation by phosphor copper.’
- ‘In a vacuum furnace, carbon is an excellent deoxidizer, and the deoxidation product, carbon monoxide gas, is continuously removed under vacuum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.