One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In a vacuum furnace, carbon is an excellent deoxidizer, and the deoxidation product, carbon monoxide gas, is continuously removed under vacuum.’
- ‘In some foundries in which combustion cannot be properly controlled, oxidizing fluxes are added during melting, followed by final deoxidation by phosphor copper.’
- ‘For deoxidation of carbon and low-alloy steels, aluminum, titanium, and zirconium are used.’
- ‘These steels are not deliberately strengthened by alloying elements other than carbon; they contain some manganese for sulfur stabilization and silicon for deoxidation.’
- ‘Carbon steel can be classified, according to various deoxidation practices, as rimmed, capped, semi-killed, or killed steel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.