One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Scents are now worked into many products besides perfumes; they are in air fresheners, deodorisers, cosmetic products, tissues, washing powders, detergents and cat litter.’
- ‘The stink emanating from the storm sewers has plagued the area around the Fremont Street pedestrian mall for a decade, and every time the city has thrown time, effort and deodorizer at the problem, the ‘sewer-type’ aroma has just returned.’
- ‘The boys rarely talked to each other, yet the atmosphere was surprisingly easy and light, despite previous conversations and unspoken words that hung in the air like bad room deodorizer.’
- ‘The kits included mops, rubber gloves, masks, scrub brushes and deodorizers.’
- ‘From room deodorizers and potpourri to non-organic breakfasts and sheets that reek of bleach, the typical overnight stay can seem so toxic you'd almost rather stay home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.