One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘European newspapers published denunciatory editorials by writers who had never set foot on any mountain, let alone the Matterhorn.’
- ‘If I forgot anybody, send me a denunciatory e-mail.’
- ‘Despite official English policies that held tobacco to be harmful, and a denunciatory tract by James I, the plant became colonial Virginia's export staple, and tobacco use was widespread among the colonists.’
- ‘This denunciatory zeal has not jeopardized historical vision - if anything, it has inspired some of the finest work of a generation.’
- ‘‘Religion as mere sentiment,’ he wrote with denunciatory directness, ‘is to me a dream and a mockery.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.