Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small tooth or tooth-like projection.‘their tips form a sharp denticulation on the internal septal edge’
- ‘Lateral, posterior and anterior processes are provided with fairly distinct denticulation.’
- ‘These narrow bills, hooked at the tip and set with numerous horny denticulations, are adapted for catching fish, a merganser's primary source of food.’
- ‘Their tips form a sharp denticulation on the internal septal edge.’
- ‘Impressions on the internal mold of the holotype show at least two denticulations at intervals on the inside of the outer lip.’
- ‘In the highest beds of the formation, occasional S elements show alternating denticulation.’
Late 17th century: from Latin denticulus: see denticle, -ation.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.