One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small tooth or tooth-like projection.‘their tips form a sharp denticulation on the internal septal edge’
- ‘These narrow bills, hooked at the tip and set with numerous horny denticulations, are adapted for catching fish, a merganser's primary source of food.’
- ‘Impressions on the internal mold of the holotype show at least two denticulations at intervals on the inside of the outer lip.’
- ‘Lateral, posterior and anterior processes are provided with fairly distinct denticulation.’
- ‘In the highest beds of the formation, occasional S elements show alternating denticulation.’
- ‘Their tips form a sharp denticulation on the internal septal edge.’
Late 17th century: from Latin denticulus: see denticle, -ation.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.